The next EPWG meeting will be on November 2, 2021, at 1:00pm Pacific. We will undertake a Tabletop Exercise led by GSA.
Please email diana.deforest(at)gsa.gov for details.
The Seattle Federal Executive Board (SFEB) Emergency Preparedness Working Group (EPWG), is a standing entity established to:
- Promote federal employee disaster/emergency preparedness and readiness.
- Promote the development and exercising of agency continuity of government (COG) and continuity of operations (COOP) plans through education, training, and exercise activities.
- To identify, share, and collaborate on region-specific threats, hazards, risks, and concerns.
- Develop and implement an All-Hazards Emergency Notification and Advisory Plan designed to demonstrate an efficient protocol to coordinate emergency actions:
- Maintain a database of emergency contacts for agencies and stakeholders, to be updated at a minimum of annually.
- Test emergency communications systems at least annually. SFEB uses the Everbridge platform when appropriate and will rely on a manual call down roster protocol in the event other technology options become compromised.
- Provide a forum for members to address emergency preparedness and continuity issues.
The EPWG’s activities will be coordinated with and through the SFEB.
- The EPWG is not intended to replace continuity and emergency preparedness efforts underway within separate agencies.
- All member agencies are invited to participate.